Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sick Cats

I’m busy in a depressing way. 

Still working as a contractor – so that’s good.  And my part-time job is scheduling me for distant jobs.  Don’t work – don’t get paid.

Last week one of my foster kitties developed an odd problem.  He was listless, lying around, and his back legs were shaking.  I was upset recalling how two young brothers I had died separately from heart failure in the past year and a half.  It was very painful to them.

A steroid shot and antibiotics cleared up my mama’s boy after a few days, but I don’t know what kind of infection it could be.  Contagious?  His three brothers that still live with me are fine.

And then my own cat, a large senior tuxedo, had a swollen bottom lip on one side, with gum swelling and discoloration.  They extracted some teeth, put a stitch in where a canine was removed, and gave me antibiotics and pain medication to give him while I waited a week for a pathology report.  The sudden swelling could be caused by an infection on top of a tumor in his jaw.

The pathology came back as only a bad infection, and I need to take his crankiness back to get the stitch removed.  He’s been crying at night – he’s the only one in my house that meows that deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment