Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sandy

Just a quick blog entry to say, yes, I live on the Jersey coast facing Staten Island, and not much got broken at my house.  The stray roof shingles I saw falling outside my window on Monday afternoon were from someone else’s house one street over, and they were in the middle of a project so it’s not like they lost their roof just before the worst of the storm hit.
I have no power, internet, heat, or phone (either) service when I’m at home.  I can do some things at work, but when I’m at work, I’m trying to work :^)  So I just wanted to briefly post something in case someone’s inquiring.
I’m fine, the pets are fine, and I’ve sawed the tree branches into easily handled hunks of wood.

3 comments:

  1. I have power at home now.

    Now I can get a lot of information and see pics of everything, and I'm sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. (apparently the blog is on Pacific time)

      Delete