Wednesday, October 2, 2013

NaNoWriMo countdown

Back to writing - or at least in less than a month, I have to be ready to hit the keyboard hard for National Novel Writing Month.

What's that?  In November, a lot of people worldwide set a personal challenge to write a novel during the month.  For the math-minded among us, that's 50,000 words in 30 days, or average 1,667 words a day.

I can't let silly things like contractors losing keys to my house or the power cord to my printer distract me!  And this year should be a welcome change because I didn't have power in 2012 due to Sandy.  I wrote longhand by the light of candles and my hand-cranked flashlight (like Vanna has) while I sat in  the kitchen watching the stove while I heated the house with steam to keep me and my pets toasty.  Then I scrambled Thanksgiving weekend to type it all up so I'd have word count to stick in the validation tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment