Monday, April 28, 2014

Let’s go to the Hop! Blog Hop …



Why did Liz invite me to this?  I met Liz through the New Providence Writers Group.

Her first book, Trinity Stones, came out April 22.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=as_li_qf_sp_sr_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&index=aps&keywords=1938314840&linkCode=as2&tag=httpsharonscr-20



I've read and heard sections in multiple meetings and I'm looking forward to reading Trinity Stones in its entirety.

I was supposed to Blog Hop back and answer these questions:

1)      What am I working on?
I’m mostly working on editing Neferseshotep to prepare it for submission.  Traditional publishing may not be right for that work either so I am prepared to self-publish again if I need to.
I also have more Vanna written for a sequel to The End of the World Sucks.

2)      How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I typically mix things in. For my first book, I started with what happens with vampires when there’s a zombie outbreak?  But the protagonist is simply a regular person who can’t fight zombies and who doesn’t like the vampire much.  So it’s not matching the formula of a zombie book, or a vampire book, and at the time I was shopping it around, I was told to make the protagonist a teenager in high school because Young Adult sells.

Neferseshotep is a mythological heavy, contemporary fantasy with multiple characters.  But I’ve learned something because one of them was a teenager in high school before a life-changing incident.

3)      Why do I write what I do?
I’m not into simplicity.  I expect miscommunication, liars, and just generally not-nice characters to be part of the big picture.

4)      How does the writing process work?
My writing process is not typical.  I used to write more when I just wrote fan fiction, but there was no editing cycle.

Now, I spew a lot of words in November for National Novel Writing Month.  The rest of the year is turning that quantity into quality.


No comments:

Post a Comment