Monday, July 2, 2012

Back to Work (Writing Work)

So back to writing again – what am I doing?
Web page wise, I need to finesse a page for the book that looks like I seriously want to support it in a creative way. In the works, and I want it finished prior to the paperback version going live on Amazon.
For August’s CampNaNoWriMo, I think I’m starting a new novel, Neferseshotep.  It’ll be another world is in trouble scenario, but follow characters that can actually affect the outcome, instead of hiding and worrying about staying alive like Vanna Ames in The End of the World Sucks.
Neferseshotep has been on the Astral Plane for millennium protecting souls from soul eaters as they travel to their final destination.  Back in the day, he was a priest of Anubis.  He still believes he’s working for the ancient Egyptian god of the dead.
His fellow adventurers will be a Valkyrie, a newbie Reaper, and three more humans who have been working on the Astral Plane for their religions protecting the faithful – one Celt and two Maori. 
I have some characters.  I need to work on an outline so I can crank out another zero level draft  in 30 days. (NaNoWriMo is a novel in a month challenge – it’s words in quantity, but not quality.  Write, don’t edit, for the entire month)
For November, I might write a sequel to The End of the World Sucks.  Back when I originally wrote it, there were no romantic goings-on.  When I was working on the edits, it was strongly advised that any novel with a vampire include some romantic elements because readers expect it.  So it’s present in the story now, but I haven’t lived with it long enough to have enough material in mind to outline a sequel.
On top of that, I have a couple other ideas.  One involves historical research, so I’ll probably delay that idea for a while.  The other won’t involve the end of the world in any way, but I’m out to kill fictional people with a devious main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment